What Services Does “LOOK” LLC Provide?
Our architectural services include design, preparation of construction documents, construction administration, interior and exterior design. Architects also provide a wide variety of services including feasibility studies, architectural programming and project management.
The following is an outline of services typically offered by architects and their sub-consultants:
- Project Inception- The planning of your project starts here. Working together with your architect-interior designer, you will share your project needs, dreams and goals.
- Schematic Design– During this stage your architect will begin by preparing preliminary design sketches based on your requirements and budget to explore and illustrate possible options. Our specialist will review these options with you, pointing out the merits and responding to your input.
- Design Development– This stage refines the agreed upon schematic design for a clearer definition of the scope and quality of the finished project.
- Construction Documents– When the design concepts have been decided, our specialist prepares working drawings and specifications. These are required to obtain building permits and bids, and to guide the contractor in construction.
- Bidding and Negotiation – Our architect can advise you on your choice of contractor – usually done by calling for competitive bids. Our architect will help evaluate the bids and select the contractor, and prepare the contract between you and the contractor.
- Construction and Contract Administration– Our architect will consult with you and advise you during construction. On-site visits will determine if construction is proceeding in general accordance with the contract, and that the design, materials, and workmanship meet with acceptable standards.
- Substantial Performance of Construction / Occupancy Certificate– Our architect provides regular progress reports to keep you informed and remains involved until the project is completed.
There are a number of additional services “LOOK” LLC provides including:
• project management
• feasibility studies
• site selection
• building condition audits